View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 10:26 AM   #10
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

My cat was pretty skittish when I first got her. She'd been through a couple homes and either didn't get along with the other animals or the owners couldn't keep her. She would not let you pick her up, didn't cuddle on your lap, and would run if you tried to handle her at all.

After a few years (I've had her for 10yrs now), she began to come to me (on her own whim). If I was napping on the couch, she'd curl up by my tummy and nap also. As soon as I moved, she'd jump down and haul ass. Anyway, about a year ago she moved out. She never leaves our front yard/porch, but she has zero interest in coming inside. So I feed her out there and leave her be. If one of the kids tries to pet or catch her, she runs. But whenever I go outside and smoke, she always comes over to me and stands on her hind legs, while using her front paws to get my attention and 'make' me pet her. If I stop, she'll bat at my hands and pull at them until I start again. The other night, it was at freezing temp outside, so I brought her inside. She ended up curled up on top of my hip (teetering slightly, lol), while I lay on my side in bed.

I don't think she's feral, but she is definately happier making the first move.