Thread: I'm a Birdbrain
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2003, 12:43 PM   #52
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

The concept of The All, as I understand it, is that all things are inextricably intertwined. There are a lot of variations on the theme, but essentially, the universe itself is a kind of consciousness, a matrix upon which all energy flow is inscribed (I recommend reading the book "The Holographic Universe" for a very interesting and provocative treatment of this theory).

During corporal existence, our experiences and actions (which, let's face it, all involve the flow of energy) are imprinted upon that, but we have a separate identity (spirit? consciousness?) from The All. When we leave the physical plane of existence, our accumulated energies return to the "pool" of energies that is the universe, to either be returned for another shot at achieving "perfection" (whatever the hell that is), or at some point, to become integrated into that pool.

The notion of The All appeals to me on many levels, but I would really like an explanation of how our individual consciouness is extricated from the pool for our corporeal existences, then returned to the pool, then extricated again, and so on.

Again, I don't have the answers...just some thoughts.