View Single Post
Old 08-29-2003, 12:17 AM   #7
Chewbaccus
Freethinker/booter

You guys talk, but I heard the man speak one time when he came to a HS near here. He was remarkably blunt for the people of SW PA, and he didn't care. While everyone else in this region in this collective state of denial as to how bad the city, county, and state are at this time, Rendell came out and told the crowd "Look, we're nearly at the bottom of the barrel among the rest of the states in the country any way you look at it, most every college student we teach is splitting to find work elsewhere because we've got nothing here for them, that is when we can keep them here for college at least - the ones that can, they go out of state as soon as they get that diploma. We're in the shitter. I'll work to fix it, but it's gonna cost."

I plan on moving out of PA after I graduate still, unless a major VG company should happen to put a division or sprout up here. However, I won't be able to do it three hours after commencement, which means I'll be here awhile. If I need to spend some extra money to make sure I got a place to work in that meantime, I'm satisfied with the tradeoff.