View Single Post
Old 11-09-2001, 03:59 AM   #8
markmarion
Fellow-Commoner

The birth of a thread

Its an interesting thought ( for me anyways ): at what point does a simple message gain enough responses to be eligible for recognition as a 'thread'.

One post alone does not make a thread, nor does one post and one reply. So there must be a 'critical mass' point that is reached and breached after which the idle banter becomes a point of sustainable discussion.

I guess thats the second aspect of a potential thread that needs to be assessed: 'Is the nature of the topic sustainable as a compelling point of interest?'

I think this is something worthy of some fairly in-depth discussion by members of this community. What say we all offer our thoughts and opinions on this to see if we can establish some means of classification.

:p

If this should happen, I would like to inform you all that in order to secure my aims of turning this initial banal introduction into a legitimate and hotly discussed thread, I will be disagreeing with all future opinions that may emerge on this topic on the most scientific grounds I can think of. At the time.

And further more (PTO)...