View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 01:13 PM   #12
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Rich, what do you read on the right, for balance?
Actually, I read mostly local papers. I get my national news from Google/Yahoo sources, which can be anything from the New York Times to the Los Angeles Times.

As I mentioned earlier, Christian Science Monitor did a lot of good foreign reporting.

Thanks to the Internet, I have read from almost all of the sources UG and I mentioned, except for Commentary. A long time ago, I subscribed to a magazine called Skeptic which presented two sides to every article.

As for broadcast, I tried listening to Air America, but couldn't get into it. I always see clips of Limbaugh and Coulter, but it's like watching a train wreck. I can stand Hannity in very short bursts. I take Maddow and Olbermann with a large grain of salt. They are both partisan, but generally do not have the pure vindictiveness of their conservative counterparts. To find the over-the-top liberals that match up with 'professionals' like Limbagh/Coulter, one would have to bring up amatuers like Garofalo. I will concede that Olbermann has added his 'structured rants', which begins to approach but does not match the level of vitriol of his conservative counterparts .
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote