View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 09:38 PM   #27
Flint
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
I think the littering issue was in another thread, but it still shocks me.
Throwing paper towels on the floor is the ultimate in rudeness.

BUY A GEL BASED ANTI-BACTERIAL HAND CLEANSER!

I have one. I'm not a germ freak by any means. And I'm rarely ill - this Christmas being an exception but I'm in a centrally heated house with two pensioners with colds.

I used to go back to my desk and apply my hand cleaner. No-one had to clean up after me. No minimum wage serf had to pick my apparently germy paper towels off the floor. Oh and for the record - I can count the amount of times I've touched my arsehole through the toilet paper on the fingers of one (germy) hand. I use toilet paper so I don't touch it.

When the IRA were in the habit of targetting litter bins, they were removed from British Rail and Underground stations. Guess what? The decent people put their rubbish in their pockets. Okay it might not have been germy (but how do you know the newsagent didn't finger your Snickers after fingering his areshole?) but it was a minor inconvenience.
This is the thread in question: Handwashing Regimen.

The number one way to prevent the spread of illness is proper hand-washing.

Disease-causing germs do not care what you think is rude. This has nothing to do with manners or etiquette.

Let us suppose that out of 1,000 people how use a restroom, 999 people wash their hands and just ONE single person does not. That person has to touch the door handle on the way out. The other 999 people touch the same door handle. Net result: NOBODY washed their hands.

There is no fucking way in hell that I am touching a restroom door handle, or spring-loaded trashcan lid. Most resonsible business owners provide adequate facilities. Some do not.

Why should I shamefully tuck that paper towel in my pocket and slink away with my tail between my legs? How are they ever going to get the message? NO, I am not going to ask for the manager or write a letter. My paper towel on the floor is my message, loud and clear. INSTALL A PROPER TRASHCAN. It's not MY problem if you don't have one.

I do use gel-based hand cleanser, but it doesn't negate the germs that I would leave on every suface between the bathroom door and wherever I keep my cleanser (in the car). NO, I am not walking around all day with gel cleanser in my pocket. Proper hand-washing will do just fine. That includes not negating the whole practice by touching a germ-encrusted door handle or trashcan lid.

By the way, BOO-FUCKING-HOO to the "minimum wage serf" who has to pick up trash for a living. If you don't like it, get a better job. At a bare minimum, take some initiative to improve customer service and suggest to your manager that you install a proper trashcan for the customers (who pay YOUR bills by giving you their business). If you can't be bothered to do that, then just shoot yourself and get it over with.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio

Last edited by Flint; 01-01-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote