View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 01:48 PM   #777
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

Binky - It's a two step process. First you have to get the image from your camera to your computer. Then you have to upload it to the cellar.

Getting the image to your hard drive

This should work for most digital cameras. You should have received a (probably USB) cable with your camera. Plug the cable into your camera and your computer.

Turn the camera on. With the cable plugged in, it should act like a removable drive (just like a thumb/flash drive if you've ever used one of those).

Press Windows_key + E. That opens a My Computer window.

You should see your camera as a drive in the list. Click on the camera/drive. Explore around in there. You should find the picture(s) you want to save.

Press Windows_key + E again and click on My Documents and then My Pictures. Click and drag the pictures from your camera drive to My Pictures.

Your picture(s) should now be on your hard drive.

Uploading your pictures to the cellar
Start a new message or reply to one.
Look down below the "Submit Reply" and "Preview Post" buttons. You should see a "Manage Attachments" button. Click that.

Click on the Browse button and find the picture you want to upload to the cellar. Then click on upload. There are restrictions on the size of the files you can upload.

When your image is uploaded like this, you won't see the picture in preview.

Let me know if you still run into problems.