View Single Post
Old 08-14-2003, 08:35 PM   #12
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally posted by Nothing But Net
The cop looked kinda like Gary Sinise, only not as handsome . I admitted to drinking a couple of beers, he asked if I felt impaired, I said no and that was that.

To tell you the truth, I was a bit worried a search would turn up my pistol in the passenger compartment.

I don't think it's illegal when traveling in LA, even though I don't have a CCL, but I wasn't sure and I sure as fuck don't need the hassle. That's why it was all 'Yes Sir! No Sir!' the whole way.
If you got stopped in PA and admitted to a couple of beers, it probably would have gone further.

Also, the time to consider if a weapon in the passenger compartment is legal in a jurisdiction is before you go there.

You did the right thing. Be polite. Answer questions. Always remember that if they ask you if they can search your vehicle you are allowed to say no. If they did not need to ask because they had 'probable cause', they wouldn't bother to do so.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote