View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 10:20 AM   #2966
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie View Post
Think of all the people you did help, LO. The majority of clients that took some or all of your sound advice, and are consequently much better off than they would have been.
You can't save people from themselves.
Excellent, excellent advice Pie.

From what I know of you around the Cellar, you are a genuine guy who honestly just wants the best for people.

You did your best to inform them, don't second guess yourself. "I could have, I should have..." will only get you more sick. It sucks royally to be the bearer of bad news, but at some point you have to remind yourself that they are ultimately responsible for their own actions. You aren't a bad person for letting it go. In fact, it's imperative you do let it go. Easier said than done I know.

I hope that there is little collateral damage if they do badmouth you. Hopefully anyone they whine to will either a) already know they are an idiot and be impressed that you gave them good advice (that they didn't take) and will look you up. or b) just be another idiot who also wouldn't listen to your advice, who now you don't have to worry about dealing with.