View Single Post
Old 08-13-2003, 11:31 PM   #54
dave

Quote:
Originally posted by juju
So, are you saying that you feel it's extremely rude and offensive for someone who doesn't know you to tell you that you're wrong? And you feel like your response was of equal rudeness to hers?
I've been over this. I intentionally used qualifiers to clarify what I meant. She implied I was lying and/or ignorant of photo manipulation without bothering to ask what my qualifications were (or whether or not iPhoto could actually do that). It is typical of a "better than you" attitude that is prevalent online. When I see it, and I am capable of acting in the same manner, I do.

My response was undoubtedly more rude than hers. This is called <b>escalation</b>. My first two posts on the thread weren't rude at all; then she escalated, and I further escalated. It's kinda like, when you're standing there, minding your business, and some asshole punches you in the face. So you punch them back, even harder, hoping to get them thinking "Hey, being an asshole to this asshole isn't really worth my time."