View Single Post
Old 08-13-2003, 08:57 PM   #46
juju
no one of consequence

Quote:
Originally posted by dave
I responded the way I did because I felt her comments were rude and incorrect.

[...]

Her response was basically "you are wrong". Which I'm not, because I've done everything I claim to be possible.

You should get what you give.

[...]

But then something like this happens, where it's my contention that someone needs a lesson in manners. Not only is she sorely mistaken about the state of graphics editing applications, but she doesn't even present this opinion in a civilized manner. At that point, when she is basically calling me ignorant and/or a liar, I feel absolutely no need to remain civil.

[...]

That's the POINT. Whether or not you intended it, your comments came off to me as insulting and essentially calling me a liar and/or ignorant of what we are talking. As I explained in my post to juju, that type of behavior will simply get the same type back.
So, are you saying that you feel it's extremely rude and offensive for someone who doesn't know you to tell you that you're wrong? And you feel like your response was of equal rudeness to hers?

Like I said, I'm not challenging in any way, I just am genuinly curious as to the answers.
juju is offline   Reply With Quote