View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 10:28 PM   #11
monster
I hear them call the tide

it isn't,

but I suspect mostly because of the alternate "hippy" school they are in. i see it everywhere in the kids at other schools. they really wanted nintendo DS systems, but not because everyone has one, more because it looked fun. But they never asked or begged because they knew it was out of the usual price range (v. low for America). but grandparents together got Hebe one last christmas, and hector is hoping he's in line this year, but seriously won't be too bothered if it doesn't happen because she shares. And he sort of wants a big lego kit more. (aint gonna happen)

items they love most are legos and trains and certain stuffed toys for hector who is 9. his public persona is as a rebel and trend-setter. which rather suprised us. recently, he did ask for some new jammers (almost knee-length skin-tight lycra swim gear) that he could wear to school for swim practice rather than the regular shorts-type trunks. I kept asking him if he was sure he really wanted to wear such an item outside of the swim club. he was sure, and apparently now about half of the boys in the class wear them for school swim lesons

Thor doesn't care at all, but he's only 7

Hebe doesn't care much either

and yes, my shift key is not playing along tonight.