View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 09:33 PM   #1
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Spam

Quite frankly, I'm speechless.

From here

Quote:
AUSTIN, Minn. — The economy is in tatters and, for millions of people, the future is uncertain. But for some employees at the Hormel Foods Corporation plant here, times have never been better. They are working at a furious pace and piling up all the overtime they want.
Quote:
Through war and recession, Americans have turned to the glistening canned product from Hormel as a way to save money while still putting something that resembles meat on the table. Now, in a sign of the times, it is happening again, and Hormel is cranking out as much Spam as its workers can produce.
In a factory that abuts Interstate 90, two shifts of workers have been making Spam seven days a week since July, and they have been told that the relentless work schedule will continue indefinitely.
Oh the humanity.....

The company I used to work for had a contract with Hormel and one of our programmers got sent to Austin, MN. They loaned him a car with a picture of a pig on it and he had to convince everyone he met that he wasn't a hog buyer.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote