View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 12:08 PM   #1253
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Blood Moon - M.R. Sellars
Latest in a series of Wiccan Detective novels. I've been enjoying them a lot.

The Spirit that Kills - Ronald Levitsky
Mystery novel set in the Black Hills, involves Injuns, but not in the same way as the Hillerman mystery novels

Devil in the White City - Erik Larson
This is a cool book. Really it's more like two books in one ... one about the Columbian Exposition, and a second about some other things going on in the City of Chicago at the same time. Interestingly written. And there was a moment, early on in the book, that grabbed my attention. In talking about one of the character's background story, it mentioned that he had worked very briefly at "The Norristown Asylum." Gets all of three lines, but how often do you open a book about somewhere you used to live, and find something about where you work?

Twlight - Stephenie Meyer
I'm not getting it. One of my cow orkers insisted that I read this because it was so fantastic. Magical. Awesome. Thrilling. With "beautiful use of language," "The New Harry Potter." She was so enthusiastic that against my better judgment, I read the first one. I'm not getting it. It's a plodding, predictable, teen romance novel. meh

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis

Last edited by wolf; 11-15-2008 at 01:19 PM.
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote