View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 01:55 PM   #892
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Ok. I am annoyed.

This person I don't know that recogizes me from the coffee shop that I used to regular, but now work at 2 days a week, has annoyed me.

I am working (busy) and he wants to talk about why I would work there now. When he saw me he took me for a "secretary or something" and "why I am not doing that". I say, well this job is actually quite fun and I do like it. I say, I was actually doing administration work, and not a secretary. (though I have been before)

He says, oh, same thing...

Why so shitty? I don't even recognize this asshole but he needs an explanation as to why I would work in a coffee shop. And if I was a secratary as were his projections, what would be the big deal if I chose to work in a coffee shop?

I am having fun with my new 2 day a week job. I am surprised that I was so hesitant. But now John Q. Ass gets to question my work history. That bothers me.

He pressed me again after the first little conversation with even more random questioning about what would make me decide to work there, and my new boss answered for me since he was on, "ignore".

Why do people that I do not know watch what I do and how I seem, and demand explanations when it does not fit with their expectations or presumptions? Why get freaked out about someone you don't know working in a coffee shop? And why be shitty about it? Do I need to give strangers my work history now, and for what? To serve a damned cup of coffee?!?

Oh I don't want you to make me any coffee, I thought you were supposed to be checking the voicemail messages or typing..or something. Forget it.