View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 12:59 PM   #62
Treasenuak
Multiorgasmic and wrapped in plastic

I have been diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder by my psychologist and can tell you that if you do truly have it (rather than faking), it interferes with your daily life on a pretty grand scale. Now, understand, I've had this diagnosis for six years, and there are parts of it that I've been able to overcome. However, I still have flashbacks on a regular basis; sudden movement out of the corner of my eye or sudden noises will send me into complete panic. I cannot handle crowds of any size. If I'm in a restaurant or similar facility, I have to sit with my back and side to a wall, in a corner, and someone has to be between me and the waiter/waitress at all times. I wake up screaming in the middle of the night from the nightmares. I've been told I'll sit up screaming and still be sound asleep. Yes, I've learned to cope with and adjust to all these issues, and I have a full time job and am a contributing member of society... just like depression, PTSD can be handled medically and worked around. It CAN be debilitating in more serious cases, but then so can depression. Those cases tend to be a bit on the less common side though. Does all this answer y'all's questions?
Treasenuak is offline   Reply With Quote