Thread: Cellar Dreamin'
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 04:57 AM   #81
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I woke early, thanks to the fact that Diz demands to be let up on the windowsill as soon as he wakes up, so I've found it easier now to leave the curtains open a little. I can doze when the light comes in, I can't doze through a cat dynamo trying to take off my eye mask and take out my ear plugs (he really does - the eye mask is a wake up thing, the ear plugs are a bizarre fascination for him).

Anyway, this means I get to doze for the best part of three hours, and often have lucid dreams. It was the Cellar's turn this morning.

It started off that I'd been away for a while, but was coming back to my family's land. We had a holiday home that had been destroyed (by floods?) so were rebuilding it as a treehouse. While I'd been away, a friend had borrowed my boat. trouble is, we'd fallen out and they'd gone to the newspapers because it was a council boat and they were claiming I had gone on long trips at the public's expense. I'd just got the official investigation back, and it was obvious that while I was away (hospital I think) they had loaned it out to all their friends. I was in the clear, but still angry.

Anyway, we were pottering about on our part of the river (as it was now). Dylan was back, looking gorgeous, and I remembered that in fact both cats loved to swim. They were swimming about with my dog, a lovely black collie. My brother was a toddler again and I was carrying him round. My sister and I were playing a really simple word game, and cheating, and arguing about it.

We stopped for a picnic on what at first was quite derelict decking, but which became a lovely well-equipped place by the river as the dream went on. There I saw the three people involved in the boat scam, but they were actually teenagers. This didn't surprise me, and I took full advantage of my adult wits and strength and confiscated all their drink because they were underage. I gave the girl a "beer shampoo", upending bottles of Becks over her head while singing "Wash That Man Right Outta My Hair" to teach her to keep her nosde clean (?). Terrible bullying behaviour.

Anyway at this point it turned into a welcome home party. I had been in hospital after all, and it hadn't been certain I'd pull through. Zippy was the first to arrive - as is to be expected when I'd borrowed from his posts for the setting. From then on there was a rush. Wolf was definitely there - I introduced her to my Mum as I knew they'd get on immediately. Onxy Cougar was too, all done up in purple feathers. Shawnee was there and my mouth dropped open - I couldn't believe I was finally meeting her. She had light brown permed hair and a really 80s brown suede jacket - nothing like the real Shawnee, but I was so happy in the dream. Brianna (who I wasn't as amazed to see for some reason?!) had long red hair in plaits. She was in a cropped t-shirt and short denim shorts with braces (suspenders) and looked like a pin-up. Classicman was there, with a whole raft (not literally) of children in tow. Cloud and Cicero were there together, laughing at the fact they had the same colour hair - like they'd never met before.

I saw Jinx and Jim arrive, but they were snuck off. I was again so excited to see them, but pretended I hadn't because I knew they were preparing a surprise for me. Jinx was tiny - like Posh Spice - and Jim was HUGE, about 6 foot 6 and the same across, he looked like her bodyguard, except that he moved really lightly, not like a really muscle bound guy.

There was only one Aussie there I'm afraid. I think it was ZenGum, but he was wearing a veil. We kissed through the veil and he promised to take it off later and kiss me properly!

I was so happy - my parents had invited everyone (sorry Bruce, guess I woke up before you got there!) And I had both my cats and my baby brother, and a gorgeous holiday home. Sigh.