View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 12:25 AM   #59
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla View Post
Let's see: you'd rather leave tyranny unmolested than spread libertarianism where tyranny reigned. Thus, for all of you, the oppressions and unfreedom all continue.
Wrong. I want to spread libertarianism, and it can not be spread by force, unless that force is by those who are winning freedom for themselves. Libertarians do not support the initiation of force for any reason, especially for political gain or social engineering. All pre-emptive wars are a direct violation of libertarian principles. All non-defensive wars are a direct violation of libertarian principles. Anything you say to the contrary of these sentences proves your ignorance of libertarianism.

Quote:
No, that's not a libertarian idea -- it's kowtowing to fascists and saying yes to genocides.
You know nothing about libertarian principles. If you condone the war in Iraq or any pre-emptive wars, or any wars other than those in your own defense, you are not a libertarian... PERIOD.

Quote:
The man who claims social superiority cannot attract an American woman -- and he imports a woman. Oh, very good. Maaarvelous.
I've had plenty of American women. It's not a matter of me being able to attract American women. They generally don't attract me. My wife is better looking, classier, more intelligent, and a better person than you will ever be.

Quote:
You can't get foreign policy right; indeed I understand that your ideas of how to conduct foreign policy will work only in the absence of any foreign country or any foreigners period. My intellect is much clearer than yours, which leaves me in a way you'll never be.
You couldn't be more clueless with foreign policy. Your so-called ideas have been tried by plenty of petty tyrants. Your foreign policy is shared by the same people you want to attack...Saddam Hussein, Kim Jong-il, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Fidel Castro, etc. You are no more or less libertarian than these people.

Quote:
Larry Elder is many times, I am sure, the libertarian you'll ever be -- he takes action in that direction over the air, and of course there are the books he's written. He's not your sort of libertarian, Paul, because he's independent of your thought. This is a good thing, I think based on three years of reading what you post. The least of your sillinesses is your attachment to the idea that nothing short of perfection will avail. This is the perfect recipe for paralysis, not for making libertarianism the order of the day. You'd like me to believe this paralysis is virtue. No way, José... or Pablo.
Larry Elder isn't my sort of libertarian in the same way Shaquille O'Neal isn't my sort of midget. He isn't one. Nobody who supports the war in Iraq is a libertarian, PERIOD. End of story. Anyone who claims otherwise is a liar. This especially includes you because you constantly lie. Not only are you not a libertarian, you prove that you don't even know the meaning of the word. Larry Elder refers to himself as a "Republitarian". Because he is a Republican who happens to agree with libertarians on a few issues. Larry Elder is independent of thought, but this doesn't make him a libertarian. You on the other hand are devoid of thought.

Quote:
I've been dipping into Winston Churchill's writing a little. I want more. Churchill thought quite a bit about conflict, about international relations, and about liberty and just governance. The gulf between Churchill's thought and Paul Ireland's thought is well-nigh immeasurable. Churchill strikes me as far the wiser. Thus my thoughts remain more intelligent than yours, friend.

You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts. Winston Churchill wasn't a libertarian. It makes a lot of sense that you would agree with him. If it is your opinion that Winston Churchill was more wise than me, you may be right. But he wasn't more libertarian than me. He wasn't a libertarian at all. Nor is Larry Elder. Nor is Bob Barr. But most of all, YOU are not anywhere close to being a libertarian and you're too thickheaded and stupid to probably ever be.