View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 12:26 AM   #1
Juniper
I know, right?

Motorcycle vs. Motor Scooter

Maybe this is an adjunct to that Midlife Crisis thread...

Let me start off by saying this: I am a short, kind of dumpy middle-aged mom who still has dreams of being...well, at least not dumpy. When gas climbed to $4/gal, I said to the hubster, "it might be nice to get a scooter." I was thinking a little 50cc dealie I could use just to cruise up to the store for a gallon of milk and loaf of bread (or a 12 pack) without feeling too guilty.

So DH bought me a 125cc scooter from some guy at work. It's blue, it's Chinese, it's a Yumbo. It cranks!

But it's still a *scooter.* So here I am, feeling like Cool Motorcycle Mama in my helmet and stuff, cruising around town not just to get milk and bread but because it is SO MUCH FUN and still not feeling guilty driving to go no place special because it gets like 90 MPG....

and I wonder...do I look silly with a scooter?

Should I just ditch the darn thing and go all the way, and get a REAL bike? I mean, you know...take my midlife crisis to the next logical level.

I can handle looking like a cute chick on a scooter, if indeed that is possible, if I don't end up looking like a silly, cheap, wannabee instead. Tell me truthfully. I can take it. I'll buy me a damn Harley and sell the scooter.
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote