View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 11:51 PM   #59
Phage0070
Snooty Borg

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
No, I say that bird evolved from a dinosaur, because that's the way God set the system up.

No, I require evidence that the bird evolved from the dinosaur, and not a platypus, but that doesn't affect my faith.
A crazy person believes that the cinder block created the bird. A really crazy person believes that because they know the bird came from an egg, their belief that the egg was created by a cinder block is the better for it.

The point isn’t *where* you choose to fill in reality from your imagination, the point is that you are doing it at all. There are many things in this world we do not yet know, and many more things that we will learn. Filling in the gaps in our knowledge with make-believe for no good reason is counterproductive to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Then by your own reasoning, maybe it's you that's "bat-shit crazy, for assuming you know what that large swath of the population thinks.
Are you suggesting that large swaths of the population hold unfathomable beliefs? Or perhaps that faith itself is unfathomable and so immune to question? I don’t know what the term is, but I am pretty sure calling a logical “no man’s land” like that isn’t sound debate.
Phage0070 is offline   Reply With Quote