View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 04:59 AM   #2120
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Update.
The balloons she refers to are the balloon bouquet I sent. They don't allow flowers on that ward.

Quote:
L looked well this afternoon and the balloons looked great, blowing all over the place. Thousands of brownie points there. Her hand was stinging but not painful. Nothing more said about going back to theatre. See what they say Friday (I'm typing this Thursday evening), but they told her she would be there till Saturday anyway. They want to keep an eye on her. I suppose if the bed were needed for something more serious they would let her go, but it's better she stays or she will be using the hand running around after the children. G looked awful when he came home from work. Shell-shocked. He brought home pizza for their tea. They had sausage and chips from the chip shop last night. A said "If mum stays in until Saturday can we have KFC Friday night". They are loving having take-aways. They usually only get them on holiday. Bugger that mum is in hospital after having an operation. Kids!
She seems to be out of danger. But in this country any hospital stay is always concerning because they usually want you out asap. They must have been quite concerned.