View Single Post
Old 06-18-2003, 11:47 AM   #49
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore

I personally thought Genuardi's got better after Safeway took over, though I know a lot of folks were unhappy with it. I always liked shopping at Safeway in DC, and I used to like the looks I got when I used my Safeway Club card at Genuardi's. Of course, that's gone now...got stolen with my wallet.
I agree. I loved Safeway too growing up in Baltimore. Nice selection, good service, etc.

I live 3 blocks from an Acme, so it's convenient. It's a small one though, and I've never met such unfriendly assholes. At first, I thought it was because Rho and I were a mixed couple, but then I started going in there by myself and discovered that they're just like that with everybody. Okay, that's not completely true. They're very friendly with ugly people with accents that scream "I'm from Northeast Philadelphia!!!"

Heh, I *still* think it's because of "us", but like you said, they seem to be equal opportunity assholes. Hmmm..wonder where that black manager disappeared to?

You forgot Pathmark, Jeff. Rho and I were going there frequently for a while, but quit going. For some reason, that Dateline special on their meat tactics scared us away--even though they also featured Super Fresh/A&P, Albertson's (Acme), and Safeway in that episode...and they were almost as bad.

Ugh, thinking of that still gives me the creeps.

I live near a Shop-Rite and a Giant...and I think there's a Super G by me too (DC/Baltimore folks: What we call Giant up here, though Giant of MD and Giant of PA are owned by the same company now.). I've only been to each of them maybe a handful of times.

The Giant on Street Rd. is cool.

As far as grocery shopping itself, Rho and I have not done a standard week's worth of grocery shopping in over a year. Not sure why, but we generally only pick up enough stuff for 2-4 days. We don't spend any more than we would in a week, but for some reason, I never feel a real desire to pick up that much stuff.

Ah, the joy of no kids to shop for, perhaps?

Maybe part of it is because I wind up having to do all the carrying. Rho can't lift anything heavy anymore, so if I buy it, I'm the one that has to carry it up to the third floor.

*swoons* My big, strong may-yan...lol!

I don't necessarily dislike shopping...sometimes, I quite enjoy it. I think I just get irritated by asinine employees, bratty kids and their stupid parents, and dumbass people that just gawk. Goddamnit, get the fuck out of my way.

I don't dislike shopping either, espeically if the store is neat and clean, has a good selection and the service is top rate.

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote