View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 06:34 PM   #713
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
my abs are a bit sore from a workout yesterday . . . I took a nap this afternoon . . . and dreamt an intruder sliced my abdomen open with a knife.

I dreamed last night that I went speed dating, as did another woman I work with in the pub (fictional dream character). A colleague of mine came in while we were both working (real person, but in fact lost contact with her years ago) and kept getting calls on her mobile from men who'd been at the speed dating event with us. And then a Vivian Westwood impersonator came in and said a codeword which matched her up with a guy already in the pub and they'd both met at our speed dating.

Myself and the other barmaid were gutted that 1) neither of us had any responses and 2) the people that did were flaunting it in our faces.

At some point I remembered that the event had taken place IN THE DARK so it wasn't even that the other woman was more attractive than me. I decided then and there I'd change the whole way I interacted with people. I stood and thought for a minute on my way through the kitchen, and just as I was ready to go back behind the bar with an amazing new attitude that I realised would change my life... I woke up.

Actually it was a typical early morning dream in that I was only in the shallows of sleep and pretty much know where my mind got all the bits & pieces from.

- I went speed dating in the last few months
- The woman I met and briefly befriended didn't get any dates and neither did I
- The real person in the dream was more attractive than me and I often found when we went out that men hung on her every word and ignored me - didn't help them though - it infuriated her and she was quite rude to them
- There is a blind contestant on Big Brother and I remember thinking that at least he wouldn't be judging the female housemates at face value!
- A customer in the bar on Sunday told us about a restaurant where you dine in the dark (the waiters are blind apparently) and at the time I thought I had heard about a dating in the dark evening***

It all ties in.

ETA*** It was Dans le Noir and far from being a gimmick, it has a serious point. I am very tempted!

Last edited by Sundae; 06-10-2008 at 07:19 PM. Reason: More info
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote