View Single Post
Old 06-16-2003, 10:51 AM   #18
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
men are more able to defend themselves.
Bullshit. EVERY woman in Isreal can handle an Uzi. Universal service sees to that.
Quote:
Children? Are you serious? No, they don't. Just like Palestinian kids don't have anything to do with the persecution of the Israelis.
Damn right, I'm serious. By the time a kid (on either side) can walk and talk, they've been taught to hate and how to throw rocks or worse.
Quote:
The difference is that, generally speaking, innocents are not targeted by the IDF, whereas they are targeted by Hamas, Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, Islamic Jihad, etc.
So "generally speaking" collaterals don't matter. Methinks I detect some bias here. I firmly believe there are worse things you can do to a person than killing them, therefore body count isn't the best measure of good and evil. Or bad and less bad.
Quote:
We should simply stop equipping them... and insist that they do the right thing. The violence will disappear naturally, because the root cause --the occupation-- will be gone.
That's not likely. The generations of hate and hurt won't go away just like that. The sides have to be separated, and kept separate for a long, long time. That means moving the Isrealis out of Arab areas AND the Arabs out of Isreal. Then they'll only have to deal with border clashes.
The only true innocents are refugees who have fled to other countries to avoid being hurt...or hurting.