View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 12:27 PM   #195
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Are the researchers going to come dressed as large airplanes? Those tribes don't even realize that there are people inside the huge loud flying creature.
Or is that part of the sensationalization of this whole subject? I bet they have heard of these things by only a few degrees of separation. When helipcopters are flying above my house and take photos, I hold my stick high in the air and wave it too. It's called, fuck off, prying modern world.

C'mon guys! The photos are taken out of helicopters and you can see people on them. Someone already said it. They are a rural tribe who get information late, but not that late.

If they are evading loggers and on the run, they want nothing to do with it, and they aren't stupid.

When they want contact with us, we will know it, possibly by the spear in our ribcages.

They have seen and are running from what we do already, because we are scary sob's. It's not because we have "metal monsters". It's because we are destroying their shit and they know we are more sophisticated. They have every good and noble reason not to contact us. I can't say the same for us.

The babies dying are from larger populations in third world countries that have already been colonized (contacted). Which is how you could get a statistic in the first place. We don't have census or stats from the uncontacted. They don't vote, go to our hospitals, or talk to aid workers. So your world stats do not apply to the uncontacted.