Thread: WTF Food
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 02:18 PM   #5
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Yes, the portions are large. I ordered the banana maple flapjacks for $7-8 and the flapjack was a single flapjack on an over sized plate with a hole in the middle for the cup of butter. The flapjack was large enough to cover a dinner plate. We were all thinking of Uncle Buck and John Candy.

I did do one dumb thing. I used a more expensive coupon from Restaurant.com. The $50 coupon, in addition to requiring me to spend $100, was only for dinner, a fact which I had overlooked.

If possible, we are going back for dinner. Jeff loves duck and they had it on the menu. I'm sort of curious as to how they're going to present it. Maybe they'll make it look like an ostrich.

Here's their food gallery.
Attached Images

I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama

Last edited by richlevy; 05-31-2008 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Found the flapjack photo I took
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote