View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 06:43 PM   #26
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
I do so many different things it's a huge organizational task to list it all out. Haven't done that since my review two years ago, where they took what I typed up and copy/pasted it as my job description.

Now I'm trying to condense it into a list of concrete skillsets and accomplishments.
Different formats were proposed. You must decide what about yourself to sell. For example, do you sell your stability of employment? Then list the various types of jobs with how you worked those jobs until whatever. Do you sell your ability to grasp or grow in a job? Then sell how you took on new responsibility and how you did more than work a job - how you trained yourself. Do you sell yourself with experience to adapt to any jobs - from construction to flipping hamburgers to data processing, etc. Again, then sell that experience noting how each job was so different and how you adapted no matter what the job.

IOW before the resume format is selected, first decide what it is you want to sell yourself on. Chances are the resume may be written from different perspectives. Only then may it become apparent what is the best way to sell yourself.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote