View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 04:07 PM   #95
Pie
Gone and done

Quote:
Originally Posted by case View Post
What is even worse, though, is my brother's name is Justin.
Oddly enough, I knew a guy named Justin Case. And to make it even worse, he was the food-service manager at... wait for it... Case Western Reserve University.

But, back to the topic at hand: Radar, couldn't you have made your daughter's life considerably easier by giving her a WHITE mamma? Can you imagine how badly she'll be picked on for being a half-breed?

No? That's racist, huh? Then lay off the name game. I've been picked on for my name at the grade school playground. I also have a gender-ambiguous name (as far as many Americans are concerned) -- and it hasn't harmed me worth a damn.

I'm proud of my name, and proud of my parent's determination to give me at least one thing from my heritage that will stay with me throughout my life. I appreciated it so much that I did not change my name when I got married. I am successful, well-educated, well-respected by my colleagues, and most importantly, I am happy with who I am.

Why would I pander to an idiot such as yourself?