View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 07:47 PM   #25
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

I think you're an idiot if you think naming a kid Ocean or any other retarded name is good for them. Ensuring that your kids will be picked on, and get into a lot of fights doesn't prepare them for the real world, it prepares them for psychotherapy where they will spend years trying to get over the hatred they have for their parents.

I hire my share of people. I've hired a hundred or so over the years. But there are thousands if not millions of other people like me who don't want to hire someone with tattoos on their face, or names like "Moonbeam" etc.

As far as distinguishing kids who have a different name, the content of their character, their personality, and their performance should do that...not a name. A name doesn't make you special, or interesting, or cool.

As you said, even having the same name, you MIGHT get picked on or attacked by bullies. But having a freakish name will guarantee it.

My daughter is named Nina. That's not a very common name. It's also not a freak name. I didn't name her Zamboni, or Ocean, or Lemonjello, etc.

The bottom line is if you name your kid Rainbow and they get the shit beaten out of them, or they get picked on, or they hate you, or they have a hard time finding a job... it's YOUR FAULT.