View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 03:44 PM   #7
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

McCain isn't in favor of universal healthcare, but he is in favor of staying in an unconstitutional war of aggression that is costing more than any universal healthcare plan would ever cost, and which is killing American kids, and making America the scourge of the world. He thinks we should stay 100 years if necessary.

We've spent more money in Iraq than it would cost to provide insurance to each and every single person in America (documented or not) for the next 30 years.

I'll take higher taxes and less dead Americans than to make more enemies around the world, spend my daughter and her grandchildren into debt by throwing money away when it could be used to help people, etc. I consider income taxes to be slavery, but if I'm going to be enslaved anyway, I'd rather see it for a better cause than an unjustifiable, unwarranted, unprovoked, and unconstitutional war.

Also, no tax increase by Democrats will ever equal the HUGE and invisible tax increase we got from Bush in the form of inflation and a weaker dollar. He's reduced our income and our spending ability by more than any Democrat could have.