Thread: Reverend Wright
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 06:28 PM   #32
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123 View Post
Yes they should. A person chooses which church, if any, they'll attend. If they regularly attend a church that espouses beliefs that they do not hold then they shouldn't be there.
Which proves I am a pedophile and that I endorse sexual attacks on children? Lookout123 suggests I even endorse protecting pedophilia because that is the intent and action of my church. My church also says church doctrine must be imposed on all Americans by changing American law. Lookout123 says I believe that because my church ordered church doctrine imposed on all Americans. Demonstrated is why religion must be removed from political arenas.

Radar makes the valid point.
Quote:
In fact since religion has no place in our government, nothing that happens in a church should ever be questioned regardless of what church it is, or what the minister is preaching.
Should we also do everything our stock broker commands? No. Our preachers and stock brokers are only consultants. We don't worship our church, its preacher, our brokerage, or our stock broker. We seek their advice. Moderates then make their own decisions.

Political extremist mantra is why extremists are so dangerous and why extremists will believe everything Rush Limbaugh tells them. Only extremists don’t think for themselves whereas moderates do think - even ask damning, politically incorrect questions. Intelligent people also do something opposed by Rush Limbaugh disciples. Moderates consult with everyone. Our preachers, our stock brokers, and our most 'evil' enemies are nothing more than consultants to be heard. Does not matter what Obama’s preacher said. Better would be to have extremists such as George Jr learn something other than Cheney’s extremist decrees. But George Jr fears Obama's preacher. He might learn another perspective. Extremists fear anything not in 'black and white'.

If evil leaders listen to evil consultants (the extremist mantra), then McCain has a serious credibility problem. Two major advisors are Karl Rove and Carly Fiorina. These two are more flawed than Obama’s preacher.

Worry if a church (or Rush Limbaugh) tells an extremist what to think. Extremists do not think for themselves – the definition of an extremist. We need moderate leaders who hear from everyone. The superior, moderate leader consults even with our most ‘evil’ enemies. Only an extremist even fears talking to our enemies as they also would fear Obama’s preacher, Carly Fiorina, and Karl Rove.

Kennedy had to make the same point because too many were brain washed in extremist rhetoric. Extremists only understand blind obedience even to politically perverted ministers. Extremists believed Kennedy would do what his religion ordered. Religion has no place in government which is what intelligent people understand. Kennedy made that point. But 50 years later, we are again confronting myths: that a moderate will impose religious beliefs on us. Fear only those whose religious beliefs even influence their votes – also called wacko extremists. Fear people who don’t think for themselves and who refuse to consult with all other opinions. Radar is right on correct: “since religion has no place in our government”.

Using lookout123 logic also proves I am a pedophile, endorse pedophilia by my church, and condon protecting pedophiles. No? Then lookout123 is wrong even about Obama’s preacher.

Last edited by tw; 03-19-2008 at 06:35 PM.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote