View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 10:18 AM   #28
aimeecc
Super Intendent

BTW lookout, thanks for the answers (both the long 1st one and the latest one). As I have said, I am no financial expert so I appreciate it when its in terms I understand.

Yes, I have time - both for retirement and little ones college. The funds I picked had good 3, 5, and 10 year returns. Low overhead. I didn't go with one of the huge names, but with my tried and trusty bank that at least makes the top 25 and has good reviews from Morningstar - 4 or 5 stars for all my funds from them. I like the ease at which I can access my funds, and not have to pay for trades (unlike Fidelity and others). I have 6 funds, and all but one have had a really crappy year. Of course, that can be said of the entire market.

I do have a doomsday cold war mentality. Both me and my husband. Our dream is to have a large tract of land with water so when it becomes anarchy from global warming and the mismanagement of the US we have a safe haven. With clear fields of fire. And ground radar to detect any movement on our property. Some place we can stay for 20 years without ever coming out until we need to kidnap a bride for our boy. lol.
aimeecc is offline   Reply With Quote