View Single Post
Old 05-16-2003, 10:59 AM   #11
hot_pastrami
I am meaty

You might consider seeking restraining orders against the perps, then a call to the cops may actually result in some measure of useful action. I think they see a little more weight in "This guy is violating his restraining order" than in "This kid is picking on my kid." You might consider mounting a cheap security camera outside your house to capture the little shitheads in action... that way you don't have to actually be there to get it on tape. The sight of the cameras may help discourage them from starting trouble at your house, too.

The problem is that these little maggots feed on feeling like they're in charge, so as long as you deliver ineffective threats about lawyers and don't follow through on them, these guys will only get worse. They'll perceive that as a frightened, desperate response, which is <i>exactly</i> what they're looking for.

The next time some punk kid hocks a logie on your car, give him one right back, maybe in the face or on his shirt. If he's twelve years old, what the hell is he going to do about it? Wedgies work well, too... very humiliating in front of his friends. Or pull the gum out of your mouth and smear it into his hair. Make going after your kids a humiliating pursuit for them, and they should stop, at least for a while.

Unfortunately these things seldom end until contact between the kids is eliminated, or the picked-on manages to turn the tables by kicking some ass or getting some big friends. An option to consider is to send the kids to school with a couple of rolls of dimes in their pockets... if it comes to blows, they coil their fists around the dimes before throwing a punch, and the other guy will feel like he was hit with a baseball bat. Best $10 you'll ever spend.

Anyhow, good luck.