View Single Post
Old 05-09-2003, 07:18 AM   #426
dave

Lots!

Buying music has got me listening to a variety of stuff. Since it's mostly not albums, I'll go ahead and list tracks.

<b>Eminem - Lose Yourself, Stan, The Way I Am (with Marilyn Manson)</b> - the last one is an Apple exclusive and is <b>really good</b>. Never been much into Eminem, but I can see myself getting hooked on him. Good stuff.

<b>U2 - Beautiful Day</b> - for just a buck, I now have this - finally. Reminds me of <i>Bandits</i> and good times.

<b>David Bowie - The Man Who Sold The World, Ashes to Ashes</b> - some of the first songs I downloaded from Apple. They've always been two of my favorites, and now I have 'em to listen to any time. I think <b>Ashes to Ashes</b> is my favorite Bowie song.

<b>Run D.M.C. - Run's House, Rock Box, It's Tricky</b> - I already had the latter two, but tossing in Run's House has given me the trifecta of my favorite Run D.M.C. music.

<b>Vanessa Carlton - A Thousand Miles, Paint It Black</b> - okay, so I really just bought these 'cause I wanted her cover of Paint It Black, which is actually very decent. While I was at it, I threw in "her song", just 'cause hey, why not. It's cutesy anyway, but I can definitely say that I don't dig it super much. It's good for a listen once in a while.

<b>Kurtis Blow - The Breaks, Christmas Rappin'</b> - The Breaks is one of the finest old-school rap songs. Enjoyable songs which take me back to a day when rap wasn't about killing. Good stuff.

<b>OutKast - Stankonia</b> - good CD, couple great tracks. <b>Humble Mumble</b> stands out as stupidly catchy and good, as well as <b>B.O.B.</b> and a few others. I also have <b>Big Boi and Dre Present...</b>, which came with an exclusive track <b>The Whole World</b> - also an excellent one that receives a lot of play, with <b>Rosa Parks</b> thrown in there too.

Throw in the Vice City soundtracks for <b>Wave 103</b>, <b>Flash FM</b> and <b>Wildstyle Pirate Radio</b> and that makes up my work listening schedule.

At the gym, I've been listening to a lot of <b>Alice In Chains</b> - specifically, <b>Dirt</b>, and <b>System of a Down - Steal This Album!</b>, which are both <b>excellent</b> albums.

Having 4,000 songs in my pocket (and room for at least another 2,000) means I am getting through a lot of music. Definitely very pleased with my new iPod.