View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 07:00 PM   #194
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecuracao View Post
I do see what you're saying. But...I was referring more to people here, on the Cellar.
Ohhh, gotcha. Well I smoked so much in my youth that I'll, probably be termed a "stoner" for life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
The whole point (back then) was not just to get loaded; it was to expand your conciousness; to think in ways your parents didn't; to enhance creativity and attempt to reach Nirvana by chemical means; and to have fun, of course.

Things have changed.
Boy have they ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
i think it's funny that it used to partially define me. i was pot. and now...i never smoke.
It used to totally define me, in fact, my life revolved around it. All my "friends" did it, my income was derived from it, my personality and entertainment were all based upon it. I was conscious of it 24/7. Getting it, smoking it, not getting caught with it... It completely absorbed my life.
Once I stopped, most all of those "friends" didn't hang around anymore and were replaced with others. My time and money went to more productive and lasting outlets. The paranoia left me and I didn't cringe at the sight of a cop. My entire outlook on life and my drive changed completely.
I don't dislike those that do it, in fact some of them I envy. For me though, its a dead-end road that sucks the life and motivation outta me.
Lotta great memories that I wouldn't trade for the world, but thats where its gonna stay, a part of the past.