View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 10:39 PM   #1
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

There are no illegal immigrants in America

In another thread that was less appropriate for this discussion I said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar
All I'm saying is there is no such thing as an illegal immigrant in the United States of America. The Founders never granted power over immigration to the federal government. All federal immigration laws are unconstitutional. The Fed has absolutely zero Constitutional authority to create or enforce immigration laws.

By the way, this isn't an opinion, it's a fact.

So if all unconstitutional laws are automatically null and void without the requirement of judicial review (as stated by the Supreme Court in Marbury vs. Madison) it means all of the immigrants from everywhere on earth who were invited by us, are not ILLEGAL whether they are using documentation or not.

If you doubt that these immigrants weren't invited, you may want to read these words and see if they sound familiar...

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
To which I got the following response...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
The Migration or Importation of such Persons as any of the States now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the Year one thousand eight hundred and eight, but a tax or duty may be imposed on such Importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each Person.

The migration and importation of slaves does not apply to the immigration of free people. The clause you are mentioning refers to slaves and can only refer to slaves as it is discussing an import tax or duty on goods being imported. There is only one kind of person that is also considered a commodity or good and that is a slave.

If you don't want to take my word for it, here is a link to U.S. Government website that says it refers to the slave trade...

http://usinfo.state.gov/products/pub...nstitution.htm

Specifically they state...

Quote:
COMMENTARY:
This paragraph refers to the slave trade. Dealers in slaves, as well as some slaveholders, wanted to make sure that Congress could not stop anyone from bringing African slaves into the country before the year 1808. That year, Congress did ban the importation of slaves.

Article 1, Section 9, Clause 1 does not grant the federal government any authority over immigration. It prevents the federal government from ending slavery before 1808 as a compromise to get some of the southern states to join the union.