View Single Post
Old 10-03-2001, 11:48 AM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

10/3: Eagles cheerleaders

Reported last night: a group of former Eagles cheerleaders are suing because they say that visiting teams and a loosely described group of other people were able to see into their locker room while they were changing.

That gives me a chance to use the first image that I actually shot myself. For a while I was involved in producing the Eagles website, and for the 1999 season I was one of those people on the sidelines, photographing the games. I took this pic in December and these are their cold-weather outfits. The actual temperature out there is near freezing.

I'm not against the lawsuit. But come on. By just participating in this, you agree that you are a nameless sexual object on display for 50,000 drunken football fans (and countless milions on TV). By wearing an outfit that, in DECEMBER, shows very clearly whether or not you've had breast enhancement surgery - you don't really have all that much dignity to lose in the first place, much less concern for people not seeing your body.

I'm not against the lawsuit. But come on.

(Note. If you have high bandwidth or patience, and a large monitor, you might enjoy seeing the raw version of the image, exactly as it came out of the digital camera. It's 646k in size and 1600x1200 pixels. But these large-version images are quite striking on large monitors. And if you have any doubt that #2 up there has had surgery, the large version of the image makes it quite clear... that's just unnatural...)
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote