View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 06:01 AM   #53
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Here's the great Japanese Toilet Report.

Yes there are floor pans. I find the crouching uncomfortable and they're hell if you have a knee problem. The flushing isn't always effective and so they can be stinky. And I'm still not sure which way I'm supposed to face.

Name:  Floorpan.JPG
Views: 399
Size:  47.7 KB

They also have regular wester style Crappers. This one is my bathroom, notice how everything (shower, tub, basin, toilet) is crammed into a tiny space. I just measured it: 140 x 105 x 195 (high) cm. (55 x 41 x 76 inches).

Name:  Domestic.JPG
Views: 397
Size:  27.0 KB

And of course the legendary "washlet" space-age superloo, with electrically heated seat, built-in bidet, deodorant sprayer, non-contact flushing mechanism and - on some models - a background music player to cover the sounds of splashing.

Name:  washlet.JPG
Views: 408
Size:  27.1 KB

This is the control arm, the flusher is visible in the picture above, the green glowing light on the wall behind the control arm.

Name:  Controls.JPG
Views: 398
Size:  42.1 KB

Both the flusher and deodorizer have manual and automatic operation - when the seat detects a big weight reduction (person stands up), it automatically deodorizes. When you move away from the unit, it flushes. It flushed and deodorized after I took these photos even though I hadn't sat on it. Maybe it figured I had taken a leak.