View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 01:46 AM   #18
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

That's a good point, but isn't it generally the defence simply trying to suggest that their client wasn't guilty at all because the woman/man wasn't really raped.

I think every case is different and it's really hard to say from the outside what's right or wrong unless you sit through every day of the trial, and even then it can be pretty tough. When I was selected for the jury in the trial I mentioned earlier, I almost asked to be excused because I didn't know if I could be objective and open minded. Believe it or not, in the end, I think it really helped me deal with my own situation and to rationalize my own thoughts on the matter.

Also, even though someone has been accused of rape, they're still innocent until proven guilty. Is that not the case? Of course, this only applies to western courts in general. Other countries have different ways of doing things as we all know.

Please keep in mind that I have a personal experience in this area, so I am trying to be as fair as possible to both sides.