Thread: Stupid People
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 12:16 PM   #68
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post

Hey Zen
- I just gave someone in a nice jacket an unreasonable amount of money. In fact he was dressed so well that I gave him more money than I normally would. I didn't care about a con or not. He's honest, he says he needs to eat. So I gave him enough for an ok lunch. The next day (yesterday) I was treated to a gift at my normal coffee shop. He had left an electronic keyboard for me with the owners of the coffee shop. I still believe in people. It's probably a weakness. I don't care.
You are so fixated with me, it is both flattering and creepy.
I have not described a story about giving money to people. In this thread you will find such stories from Fresh, LJ, Vienna, and Blue (who mentioned the jacket). Cloud (post #53) linked it to me and your obsession took it from there.
Equally I don't label beggars as stupid, although I have (briefly) met a few who seemed that way. And likewise I don't think giving money to beggars is stupid. Believing their stories might be a bit naive, though, but not always. I give (sometimes, and usually less than I should :p ) but not because I believe the story. I just figure they need the money pretty badly, and if I can spare a little, I'll share.
I've had beggars approach me in Japan four times. Even Japanese people are surprised by this. I gave, more to those who spoke English. I figure I might need their help one day.