Thread: Roommate issues
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 08:18 AM   #3
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post
Do I have any other recourse other than telling him to get the fuck out? Please say yes and tell me how, folks. I don't want to hurt his feelings, but I don't want to be treated poorly, either.
I feel you have passed the cross roads in your attempt to talk with him as well as giving him the chance to air anything that he needs to say. At this point I would give him one more time to discuss things with him and then say I am sorry my friend but it is time for you to go. Reassure him that you have no hard feelings toward him but you can not go on co-habitation with him. It is affecting your love life and personal relationships with other people and that is not healthy IMHO. Financially you have done more than your part to help him get on his feet but it is time for him to move on now that he has work. Give him 2 weeks, then tell him he needs to be gone. Be nice, be professional, but understand that none of this may affect how he reacts to your ultimatum.

If after this final attempt you cannot get resolution tell him to get the fuck out and change all the locks.