View Single Post
Old 04-14-2003, 08:40 AM   #53
dave

Quote:
Originally posted by smalland
I appreciate the personal nature of your support for the military. However, I doubt your concern for saving lives (and hence moral outrage at the protesters) is going to make the boy who's lost his family and had his arms blown off feel more relieved (for example).
Hey man, you're welcome for 1945 and 1918. I'm really sorry about 1776 though. And 1812. Really.

Did, uh, any civilians get killed in WWII? I can think of about six million of 'em just off the top of my head...

If I've got to pick between some fugly bitch that went to protest by <b>interfering with the shipment of goods to soldiers overseas</b> and a man that has sworn to defend me at all costs, even if it means <b>turning his wife into a widow</b>... that's no choice at all.

I appreciate protest, and if you'd done your homework, you'd know that I was never sold on this war. I am as skeptical as any rational being is about it. But interfering with military business in the time of war is about as smart as running in to Harlem with a sign that says "I Hate Niggers". You are just <b>asking</b> to get shot.

There is a fine line, and I recommend that protestors respect that. They're able to voice their dissent because better men have sacrificed themselves for the good of the world.