View Single Post
Old 04-11-2003, 06:33 AM   #67
dave

1. In 1991, we *did* know that Saddam was a turd. However, we were afraid that if we took him out, Udai would take power. As we all know, Udai is far too reckless. So that's why.

2. We've tried to take Cuba. Castro has someone "up there" that likes him. We've tried to kill him like, what, 15 times?

3. (It's actually "Saudi Arabia" in English, and "Sierra Leone".) Honestly, I doubt we'll ever approach these issues. China is far too large a country and has a capable army with nukes. So they're pretty safe. Saudi Arabia is pretty good as an international neighbor, and as such, we tend not to police them much. Same with Pakistan, plus they're helping out with the "war on terror" so... I dunno about Sierra Leone, because I've been to busy with other stuff to pay attention to what's going on there, other than knowing that people are getting their hands chopped off.

I think the following about Spanish President José María Aznar: is María a common guy's name in Spain? Because it sure as hell isn't here in the States.