View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 10:26 AM   #13
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

The Cellar has cliques in the same way any group of people has cliques - offices, golf clubs, Christian study groups. You gravitate towards the people who make you laugh, who share your outlook, who you respect.

If there was a blind-taste test in the Cellar I think most posters would appreciate the same posts, regardless of who they are made by.

(The exception for me is criticisms of the Cellar itself - if a new poster writes what a lousy place this is within the first month of posting I think it is less acceptable than someone who has been here 5 years).

Personally I didn't believe Jeb's post, thinking it was the typical comeback as suggested by other posters. If someone made a joke about my brother and he was dead, I'd probably address it via PM, along the lines of "Obviously you didn't know, but it's a sensitive subject with me..." I suppose it might be true, given that he posted a poem about her, but his response was unreasonable in my opinion.

I'm not sad to see him go. He's had a stick up his arse since he joined, lord knows why he stayed in a place he felt unwelcome and unwanted - closet masochist maybe. It's sad to see today's culture of victim-hood extends even here, with people constantly believing there is a huge conspiracy out to get them, rather than accepting that it might just be what they posted that prompted the response.

Jeb saw himself as a victim, and has put his sister on the ultimate pedestal of victim-hood - the untouchable death at the hands of terrorists as a symbol of America. Never mind, he's another forum's problem now.