View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 01:51 PM   #470
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

This is one of the pair of cats that we call "ours" here.

The orange one is the daughter of the black one. They do not have names and are referred to as mga pusa (the cats) .

Their role here is much more utility than asthetic. They are mouse and rat chasers and not much else.

I heard from a radio talkshow host that was living in Manila that the life of a cat is much different here. Seeing the cats in the streets here, that's not hard to believe. They are often nasty dirty scavengers and don't care to be around people.

Our pair are not that sort of cats. Both of them are amazingly clean, healthy and trim.

When I first met the cats I tried to pick one up. Everyone looked at me strangely. Like no one had ever picked them up, because no one had.

"I don't know how to tell you this diplomatically kitty cats, but if you are to continue to be on the dole here, I'm picking you up. If you don't like it, too bad."

The black cat seems to like being in my lap and getting brushed. This seems like a totally new concept for everyone here because......it is.

No one seemed to know the purpose of the strange wire type brush that I brought home until seeing it used on the cat.

I think my MIL wondered if I was going to use it myself.

Their life of liesure is not complete however as my wife called me to watch them in action with a big RAT!. They both pounced on the rat one after another and it scurried away quickly.

"That's why we don't have rats here", she smiled.

"Ok, so they are useful.....I'm still picking them up to pet them", I said.
Attached Images

Last edited by slang; 09-22-2007 at 01:57 PM.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote