View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 02:37 PM   #178
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123 View Post
the fact that you follow this with:

is pretty humorous. I make a statement about the wealthy people i work with and you call it a generality.
I thought we were trading generalities. Good enough for the goose...

Quote:
Mind you that my job is to ask all the really personal pertinent questions about money, goals, and motivations. But you say you deal with wealthy people and they feel like they are entitled to something. sounds like a generalization to me. maybe even a little hypocritical.
Sure is a generalization. Sure is as valid as your observation. Sure isn't hypocritical.

Quote:
But more importantly it doesn't change the fact that you have established some level of "enough" and anyone who sets themselves to the task of accumulating more than that is deemed to be a glutton. But you can't be pinned down to actually define what "enough" is.
You know what enough is.

Quote:
You sound like the sniveling little kid in the corner who is angry that someone has nicer shoes than him. The kid with the nicer shoes must be a self centered asshole or he wouldn't have nicer shoes than you.
Here we go with the insults. So I'll respond that you sound like the 3 year old brat who won't share his toys with his sister, even though he's not using them. "They're mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine" ad infinitum.

Quote:
cute. another person who is either too arrogant or too afraid to answer someone else's question.
I answered the question. Let me try again: you know what enough is.

Quote:
How exactly do you figure that? If a homebuilder builds enough homes in the first 5 months of the year to pay his bills, what should he do for the other 7 months? Shut down the business and go home, he wouldn't want to be gluttonous after all. Screw the guys who he provides jobs for, Mr Homebuilder has "enough". Or should he just give all of the profits to the employees? That seems reasonable. He'll continue taking all the risks of being in business and just give anything over "enough" to the employees.
Is that how you define enough?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet
People who have enough and continue to accumulate wealth are part of the reason there's as much poverty as there is.
Quote:
BS. Companies that grow add jobs, they also tend to reward those people at the top with more than "enough". That's the way it works. Make profit, reap reward. Companies who quit growing soon have to start cutting jobs.
When the top guys keep more than enough, there is less to go around for everybody else.

Quote:
wow. have you thought of running for office? you've got the rhetoric and the buzz words. now can you tell me what it means? How do you define the middle class? is it an annual income amount? is it a certain number of toys quotient? what is it?
Since you don't want to contribute any of your precious loot to help others, what happens to them? Do they starve? Die from lack of nutrition/healthcare? Can you sleep at night knowing you contributed to their demise? Would you treat your parents that way? How much would you have to make before you would part with a penny? $1,000,000? $10,000,000? $100,000,000?

Your can't see the forest for the questions.

Quote:
answer a question with something quantifiable please.
Ok. You know what enough is.