View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 12:21 PM   #131
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
I'm immune to caffeine. I drink diet coke and coffee all day long. I do have occasional problems sleeping but it seems unrelated to caffeine consumption; drinking more or less in a given day does not coincide with sleeplessness, though my stress of that day will.

Quote:
What are the effects of Caffeinism (caffeine overdose)?

As you have learned before Caffeine stimulates the central nervous system and can produce other effects through out the rest of the body. The symptoms of a caffeine overdose ("caffeinism") varies according to individual differences and the amount consumed. Doses ranging from 250 to 750 mg (2 to 7 cups of coffee) can produce restlessness, nausea, headache, tense muscles, sleep disturbances, and irregular heart beats it can also cause Anorexia. Doses of over 750 mg (7 cups of coffee) can produce a reaction similar to an anxiety attack, including delirium, ringing ears, and light flashes. These amounts of caffeine may come from a single dose or from many doses in a short period of time.

What are the long term effects that Caffeine can produce?

ULCERS is believed to be caused partially by Caffeine because Caffeine increases the secretion of acids and pepsin in the stomach, which could increase an already existing ulcer. But it isn't definite that Caffeine is responsible for this, tests were done that proved that both caffeinated and decaffeinated coffee inflamed ulcers. HEART PROBLEMS more seriously can be caused by Caffeine. Caffeine has been shown to cause cardiac arrhythmia's (irregular heartbeats) in certain people; often people with heart disease are told to avoid caffeine altogether. However, no evidence shows that caffeine is a causative factor in the development of heart disease.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote