Thread: College
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 11:14 PM   #8
queequeger
Hypercharismatic Telepathical Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Living at a certain latitude does not define your political beliefs any more than the color of your skin defines your intelligence.

I suppose it makes the world seem more understandable, less daunting, when we force widely diverse data sets into rigid catagories; but never fool yourself into believing that you are describing reality.

Let's test your theory: I live in Texas. What are my political beliefs? Unless you can state the correct answer with 100% certainty, then your theory is total shit.

When a theory is total shit, you abandon it. Otherwise, you're a fool. Your choice.
Calm down, man. There's no way in hell you can deny that there are a LOT more conservatives in the south than in the north. It's just the way it is. He wasn't saying that southerner = republican, he was saying the south = conservative, which is true.

And Ibram, I'm a yankee born super liberal, but I've managed to find quite a bit of interesting things south of the mason dixon. If you're looking for the right college, I would suggest finding one that will challenge your world view rather than just support it. Take a chance and step out of yourself, you might find it's better than you thought.

Jesus I sound like a recruiter or something.