View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 05:48 PM   #135
somesundaymorning
Kinda New Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post

It's the same as past lives. No one ever wants to own up to the fact that in a past life they were probably a wife beater or child molester. No, No, they were queens or kings or even specific queens. I've personally met no less than three women who told me that they were reincarnations of Cleopatra. Why don't these people swap genders? Why were they always some lofty, spiritual, noble person who, now in this life, is down on their luck, riding the subway with commoners?

You don't ever hear people say "Whew, boy I am glad I'm not a sex slave any more. It sure is great to be free and white and living in the U.S.A. and having a college education to boot. You'll never hear me piss and moan AGAIN."
Well you know, this has annoyed me numerous times. I do however know of a few of my past lives - which makes it even more painful. Because nobody believes you as it is so similar to dreams and idolization. It's most of the time a part of themselves that the past life represents or who they want to be, in some aspect. And, in addition, if someone was interested in past lives they would take it seriously if they somehow felt a connection with the world around them, like for instance characters in books, movies, and then... soon they are lost in idolatry, and prjecting images. Though it should be noted that this is not a bad thing at all - if only that person wants to see what the idol is really saying about them, about their values and such... and then they are a step closer to who they are - whether it was a past life or not. (This sounds like - 'not all lies are bad'. heh!)

Well back on track... Well, my past lives weren't so nice, at all. I don't really care if they are real as they helped me to heal. (The difficulty with past lives is that often the medium simply say what life they had and don't assist if it would bring forth strong and sometimes destructive emotions from that person- knowing about ones past lives could therefore be quite the fatal blow) Perhaps it is sometimes easier to see some things from a distance and not as yourself...

I was a jew in two lives and died at a young age both times - in one I let myself be burnt up with a baby in my arms because of depression, poverty and isolation. In the other I was beaten and raped by germans. In another life I was stabbed in the back. In another I was a
roman strategist who was forced to go to was nd fell in love wiht one from the forbidden people. In one I was a stern nun who had been beaten in gods name when growing up and treated everyone as slaves and guilted her surroundings. All lives here have some connection to this life and my trauma now - otherwise I wouldn't have been told about them by my therapist.

ah, well, I don't have a clue about my totem animal - the same idolatry and projections apply in this area as well, obviously. There ae part of different animals that I like. I like humans for their diversity and innocent thickness and that they have a choice. Snakes are similar to that Snape character, and who doesn't like to be secretly doing good and helping others, being martyrlike, and in a way very noble. The cat can see through people. Hyenas are intelligent and have great know-how when it comes to surviving, and they are hermaphrodisiacs. I can put in whatever symbols I want, it will still work fine. But you know, real life is the best mirror - I mean, animal totems are so abstract - life is swift, painful and full of impressions.

ok, now I feel too good, blue eyed and naïve - perhaps I should visit a satanist wep page or something...
somesundaymorning is offline   Reply With Quote