Thread: Built To Spill
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 11:02 AM   #7
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
Isn't it interesting that we reevaluate people when they ratify our own tastes in music?

There are other things like that.....

maybe I won't hijack this thread. I'll go make a new one and link it in a minute.
Someone I know thought Built to Spill was a hippy jam band. I made her go see a show. I still don't like her. She loves the band now- I still can't stand her. She likes a lot of bands I like. But I think she is still an incredibly ridiculous person that follows everything just to be trendy and has no genuine affection for the music she listens to. You are right. I did re-evaluate her based on finding out we liked some of the same music. It's too bad she's still a complete moron without substance. She goes to shows because "everyone" goes to those shows. Makes me more digusted than if we had opposing tastes but she still had genuine interests in her life. That would be alright. Now I just have to think- well at least she contributes enough to buy the cd's. Even if she doesn't get it or have a clue. What is this terrible person doing listening to some of the music I like? I dunno. It can go different ways here I think LJ.

I'm glad you brought that up though. It's become a bit of a paradox.